All PDF Details And All in one Detail like Improve Your Knowledge
Saturday, July 3, 2021
[New post] Mid-Year Wrap Up 2021
Esther posted: " I've been telling everyone that I couldn't believe that June was already here, but then...June went by faster than any of the other 2021 months and now I'm sitting here trying to comprehend how it's now the second half of the year I had a goal to re"
I've been telling everyone that I couldn't believe that June was already here, but then...June went by faster than any of the other 2021 months and now I'm sitting here trying to comprehend how it's now the second half of the year
I had a goal to read 25 books this year but now I'm afraid of stepping foot on Goodreads because every time I do, the "You are 2 [or 3] books behind schedule" is just staring at me. It's been a slow reading year and while I flew through books and my GR goal back in 2020, I guess I really shouldn't have used last year to benchmark my reading speed considering that was when the peak of lock-down was going on for me.
So, for what I managed to read this year? With how insane work has been (cutting into my evening energy levels)? I'm actually quite proud of my 10 books. It's also the first year where I started to [exclusively] listen to audiobooks. My first audiobook, at all, had been An Invisible Client, but I half listened and half read that one. It's been a fun half year and with six more months and a decent plan, I might still finish my goal!
Books Read This Year
First Book of the Year:
Also the first tour of the year (hosted by TheWritesReads), my first read of 2021 was Bad Habits by Flynn Meaney and I enjoyed it quite a bit! It's around this time that I really started to enjoy blog tours because the deadlines gave me something to work towards!
First [Exclusively] Audiobook Read:
I listened to a few Amazon audiobooks previously but I only half listened and half read those. The ones off of NetGalley doesn't really come with any written text and it was truly a test of my attention span. It took a bit of getting used to and lots of rewinding, but I ended up loving the companionship (at work and commutes) of an audiobook and now I regularly look for them on NetGalley. My first audiobook of the year was Bibliomysteries, an anthology by multiple authors.
Favorite Read of the Year:
This was such a surprise to me because of how much (or rather how little) I cared for space opera growing up. Sure, general sci-fi was alright, but space ships, aliens, and time travel/space travel used to rank amongst one of my least favorite genres and plotlines! Another tour by TheWriteReads, Shards of Earth really had me clutching my Kindle and shined a new light to the Space Opera genre!
Stats for the Year! Page Read: 2,713 Books Read: 10 Goal: 25
1 - 3 Star Ratings: 0 3.5 Star Ratings: 1 4 Star Ratings: 3 4.5 Star Ratings: 1 5 Star Ratings: 5
Books For The Rest of The Year:
While this doesn't bring me to my goal for the year, they're the ones I most want to read for the time being with "Sons of Valor" and "River Queen" as books I'm already currently reading. I'm looking forward to tackling a bunch of these!
No comments:
Post a Comment