Today, I'll be reviewing the domestic thriller "Circle of Betrayal." Join me tomorrow for a special Author Q&A post featuring Ruth O'Neill!
Circle Of Betrayal by Ruth O'Neill
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Lena thinks she has it all: a great job, a doting husband, and a beautiful baby boy on the way. But a strange encounter with a student at her school one day leaves her shaken. Soon, she begins feeling like she's being followed everywhere, weird messages and packages arrive, and Lena thinks someone has broken into her home. But when she tries to show her husband evidence of these strange events, it's never there anymore. Can Lena figure out what's going on before she is slowly driven insane?
I don't want to give too much away, because the fun is in figuring things out, but this is a book where from one chapter to the next, things will just jump out and surprise you. I know even from the first chapter to the second I was rattled, trying to keep up with everything. It really heightened the suspense.
There were several key twists as the book went on that were really good, and that I definitely didn't see coming. Again, I don't want to say too much, but at some points I was almost open-mouthed as things went on and as they came together. O'Neill does a good job of making all the different threads of the story weave together into one cohesive narrative as the story moves forward. I like that in a book, where everything comes together tidily.
Lena was also a great character, the kind of person who was relatable, in that she was open about having her own issues with anxiety and paranoia, but she was really just trying to get through life as best she could, trying to make the best of things. What was happening around her was chilling and scary, and she kept about as sane as she could, I know I would have completely fallen apart. The fact that she was functioning was impressive, lol. The secondary characters are also very interesting and round out the book nicely.
Overall, this was a great book for people who area fans of suspenseful stories with great characters. It's a real treat for domestic thriller fans, or thriller fans in general.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment