#BlogTour #Review #NetGalley #UnderTheMistletoe
Release Date: 28th October 2021 / Publisher: Avon Books
Christmas. A time for family, friends – and rekindling old flames…
When Laurel returns to the village of Middledip, she's looking for a quiet life. Adjusting to her recent divorce, she's ready to spend some time getting back on her feet amidst the glorious snow-dusted countryside.
Yet, life in Middledip is far from straightforward. Coming to the aid of her sister, Rea, as she navigates her own troubles, Laurel barely has a moment to think about where her own life is going.
However, time stands still when she sees her old flame, Grady Cassidy – and it's soon as if they've never been apart. But through her happiness, Laurel remembers why she left the village all those years ago, as she recalls a dark night and Grady's once-wayward brother, Mac…
Can Laurel learn to forgive and forget? Or will her chances of Christmas under the mistletoe with Grady remain a dream?
An enchanting, festive read, perfect for fans of Sarah Morgan and Carole Matthews.
Buy It Here!
Bookshop.org : Amazon UK : WH Smith : Kobo : Apple Books : Audible
My Review
We are back in the village of Middledip and meet Laurel who has just returned to stay with her sister and niece following her divorce. Feelings that Laurel's struggled to cope with come back to haunt her when she bumps into old flame, Grady and his brother, Mac. I loved Laurel's character and really felt for her, not just for her current situation but for what she experienced as a teenager. Lauren is such a nice character and her relationship with her sister and niece was so heart-warming!
The book is, of course, Christmas themed, and it give us all the delights of the festive season. The little village of Middledip sounds wonderful and the images of it covered in snow makes it all the more special! The storyline flowed very well and by the end of the first chapter I was well and truly hooked into Laurel and Grady's stories. It's not all light-hearted Christmas fun though and there are some difficult topics dealt with throughout the book. The emotions that run through the characters is well portrayed and I found myself feeling these as I read. The difficult storylines of bullying, assault, mental health issues and infertility are interspersed with arts and crafts, animals, Christmas, good friends and close family and this creates the perfect balance for a good all-round book!
The characters were all very likeable, the plot was perfectly paced and as I read, I felt like I was right there in the Middledip amongst everyone! The author has a great knack of creating characters and scenarios that could be actual real life, and not only did I feel suitably festive by the end of the book I also was left with a smile on my face and a warm feeling in my heart! I shall look forward to another visit to Middledip! This was a wonderful read which I enjoyed immensely!
The Author
Sue Moorcroft is a Sunday Times bestselling author and has reached the coveted #1 spot on Amazon Kindle UK as well as top 100 in the US. She's won the Goldsboro Books Contemporary Romantic Novel Award, Readers' Best Romantic Novel award and the Katie Fforde Bursary. Sue's emotionally compelling, feel-good novels are currently released by publishing giant HarperCollins in the UK, US and Canada and by other publishers around the world. She's also well known for short stories, serials, columns, writing 'how to' and courses.
Born in Germany into an army family, Sue spent much of her childhood in Cyprus and Malta but settled in Northamptonshire, England aged ten. She loves reading, Formula 1, travel, time spent with friends, dance exercise and yoga.
Website / Blog / Facebook profile / Facebook author page / Twitter / Instagram / LinkedIn
No comments:
Post a Comment