Ruth Finley is a journalist doing a feature on an old factory, now a market, in her home town. It is a hub for antiques and collectibles and very popular with the locals.
When visiting the market with her elderly neighbour, Doris, they find a body. As Ruth and Doris begin to investigate, they discover secrets and incidents from the past.
Could any of these secrets have resulted in murder?
I found Ruth and Doris an interesting pairing, as they are of a different generation, with different outlooks on life. But it worked. I also liked the setting, as it's unusual for me to read books set in Australia, especially small town Australia.
I'm glad that there will be more to come in this series . There was plenty of preparation for future books, as we discovered much of the backstory of the town and its people. And if you're a foodie then this is the ideal book for you, as it is teeming with gorgeous dishes and left me salivating.
Isobel Blackthorn kept my attention throughout, and wrote a tense and exciting denouement. I really warmed to these characters and look forward to joining them again.
I was given this ARC for review.
No comments:
Post a Comment