Today it is my turn on the blog tour for Second Chance Summer by Phillipa Ashley
📚 Book Review 📚
Second Chance Summer by Phillipa Ashley
I received an advance review copy for free thanks to Random Things Tours and I am leaving this review voluntarily.
Blurb
From the moment Lily Harper arrives at a remote retreat on the breath-taking Scilly Isles, she is itching to get back to civilisation - and her thriving business. Slowing down simply isn't in her vocabulary, and so she quickly clashes with the gorgeous but dour Sam who runs the retreat. Just as Lily is about to give up and leave, disaster strikes, and she is involved in an incident that changes her perspective on everything. Lily is no longer sure she wants to return to the life she thought she loved. But will she have the courage to give the retreat, and Sam, a second chance?
My Opinion
Phillipa Ashley is a must read author for me - in fact I have just added all of the audiobooks my library have available to my reading list.
There are some fantastic descriptions of the Scilly Isles making it feel like you have joined Lily on her retreat. I read this book in one sitting as it was just so easy to get lost in. Overall I thought that Second Chance Summer was well-written and I can see it being a great holiday read for the summer.
I was drawn in by the cover but stayed for the adventure.
Rating 4/5
No comments:
Post a Comment