All PDF Details And All in one Detail like Improve Your Knowledge
Saturday, June 8, 2024
Scissors By Harrison Hamm
Scissors I cut throughthe window / the whale's mouth / the whale's only child / I am only a childin this oblong / obtuse / obfuscation of carnage / carnival / Judeo-Christian values—I slip-swim into the shotgun, running with scissors/ with skin…
I cut through the window / the whale's mouth / the whale's only child / I am only a child in this oblong / obtuse / obfuscation of carnage / carnival / Judeo-Christian values— I slip-swim into the shotgun, running with scissors / with skin / sin in the game I am running / have already run / still running / ripping into the racehorse inside / Secretariat / Secretary of Transportation (gay rights!) In the upstage / upstairs / upriver and around the corner / coroner / corrosive shampoo / coin change / COME ON— And the strip mall is stripping itself into nothing / not even / no location found /fancy-free / in flight— like I am / like we are free-falling Through gashes of sky / gnashes of teeth / skies of teeth And the yard is teeth I cut and cut / keep cutting / have always cut / loved cutting /cut the chit-chat I'm getting the belt / I'm cutting the fuck up— Party crasher, call me up if you're prepared to please me / test me / testify / tell me where the party went wrong / why anyone here has to die
By Harrison Hamm
Biography:
Harrison Hamm (@harrisonhamm) is a queer, neurodivergent, and mixed-race poet and screenwriter originally from rural Tennessee, now based in Los Angeles. A 2023 Filmmaker's Workshop Fellow with New York Stage and Film, a 2022 Fellow in Diverso's The Minority Report, and a multi research grant recipient at his alma mater Loyola Marymount University, Harrison develops creative work and scholarship with a commitment to healing and surviving on the margins. Southern Gothic at his emo kid core, Harrison explores themes of grief, violence, faith, and the erotic, often turning to dreamlike and macabre aesthetics to express what so often can't be said out loud.
No comments:
Post a Comment