bookboons

All PDF Details And All in one Detail like Improve Your Knowledge

Sunday, June 9, 2024

Single Sundays: The Invitation by Vi Keeland

Single Sundays: While this blog may be focused on reviewing book series as a whole, we can't forget about the good ole' standalone novel! On Sundays, I will review a novel that is considered to be a standalone novel. Here is this week's offering: …
Read on blog or Reader
Site logo image SERIESous Book Reviews Read on blog or Reader

Single Sundays: The Invitation by Vi Keeland

SERIESous Book Reviews

June 9

Single Sundays: While this blog may be focused on reviewing book series as a whole, we can't forget about the good ole' standalone novel! On Sundays, I will review a novel that is considered to be a standalone novel. Here is this week's offering:

Synopsis for The Invitation (from Goodreads):
The first time I met Hudson Rothschild was at a wedding. I'd received an unexpected invitation to one of the swankiest venues in the city.

Hudson was a groomsman and quite possibly the most gorgeous man I'd ever laid eyes on. He asked me to dance, and our chemistry was off the charts.

I knew it wasn't a good idea to get involved with him, considering the wedding I was at. But our connection was intense, and I was having a great time.

Though the fun came to a screeching halt when Hudson figured out I wasn't who I'd said I was. You see, that unexpected invitation I received? Well, it hadn't actually been addressed to me—it was sent to my ex-roommate who'd bounced a check for two months' rent and moved out in the middle of the night. I figured she owed me an expensive night out, but I guess, technically, I was crashing the wedding.

Once caught, I couldn't get out of there fast enough. As I bolted for the door, I might've plucked a few bottles of expensive champagne off the tables I passed, all while the gorgeous, angry groomsman was hot on my tail.

Outside, I jumped into a taxi. My heart ricocheted against my ribs as we drove down the block—but at least I'd escaped unscathed.

Or so I thought.

Until I realized I'd left my cell phone behind at the table.

Take one guess who found it?

This is the crazy story of how Hudson Rothschild and I met. But trust me, it's only the tip of the iceberg.

breakdown

SERIESous' Top Picks: New Must Read Author
Author: Vi Keeland
Genre: Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Heat Rating: Warm
Point of View: First Person, Alternating
Publication Date: January 16, 2021
Source & Format: KoboPlus--eBook

thoughts

Why I Picked it Up / My Expectations:

So I've been on a Vi Keeland kick lately. I really loved The Rivals and made it a point to read as many novels by her as I could while I still had my KoboPlus subscription. She just writes very good contemporary romances that have a great balance of characters, romance and plot. Plus, the synopsis for this sounded like a lot of fun with the wedding crasher premise.

The Plot:

This was a good mix of fun and heartfelt moments. The wedding crashing scene was fun but things calm down after as we coast along watching these two grow and navigate their relationship. I just enjoyed going through the motions with this story; even if I had figured out 94% of the twist very early on. Regardless of figuring it out, I appreciated how the plot is resolved around it.

The Characters:

Stella and Hudson are both solid characters with great character growth. I really felt like this story was about the characters and their lives rather than shock and awe -- and I liked that a lot.

The Romance:

To me, this felt more like a simmer than a slow burn. Like the tension is always there but it isn't always the focus of their interactions. But they have great chemistry from the get-go and I totally saw why they were a great pair.

My Rating: 4/5

overall

This was a solid, character driven contemporary romance read!

Read if You Like: single dad heroes; character growth
Avoid if You: dislike contemporary romance, want erotica

similarreads

  • Arrogant Playboy by Winter Renshaw (Arrogant Series #3)
  • You or Someone Like You by Winter Renshaw
  • You Had Me at Hola by Alexis Daria (Primas of Power Series #1)

connectTwitterGoodReadsBloglovin'Amazon.ca ReviewsRSSEmail

catchphrase

Disclaimer | Request a Review | Contact
Comment

SERIESous Book Reviews © 2024. Manage your email settings or unsubscribe.

WordPress.com and Jetpack Logos

Get the Jetpack app

Subscribe, bookmark, and get real-time notifications - all from one app!

Download Jetpack on Google Play Download Jetpack from the App Store
WordPress.com Logo and Wordmark title=

Automattic, Inc. - 60 29th St. #343, San Francisco, CA 94110  

at June 09, 2024
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Submit to the top festivals in the world today: 50% off discount codes

July FilmFreeway Festival Discount Codes – 50% off codes! ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ...

  • Exploring Price Action Trading for Binary Options💰
    Exploring Price Action Trading for Binary Options💰 (Follow us on Facebook and ...
  • Understanding Basic Currency: Definition & Examples (Visit our Website Newsfeeds and stay updated of market trends http://feeds…
    ...
  • [New post] Pass The Salt Please! Seasoned Believers Add Flavor To Your Life
    Brenda Diann Johnson posted: ""Pass The Salt Please! Seasoned Believers Add Flavor To Your Life," is a guide to h...

Search This Blog

  • Home

About Me

bookboons
View my complete profile

Report Abuse

Blog Archive

  • July 2026 (5)
  • June 2026 (3)
  • May 2026 (6)
  • April 2026 (3)
  • March 2026 (4)
  • February 2026 (2)
  • January 2026 (6)
  • December 2025 (8)
  • November 2025 (5)
  • October 2025 (5)
  • September 2025 (3)
  • August 2025 (3)
  • July 2025 (6)
  • June 2025 (4)
  • May 2025 (4)
  • April 2025 (5)
  • March 2025 (5)
  • February 2025 (4)
  • January 2025 (6)
  • December 2024 (3)
  • November 2024 (4)
  • October 2024 (1)
  • August 2024 (2405)
  • July 2024 (2925)
  • June 2024 (2960)
  • May 2024 (3057)
  • April 2024 (2967)
  • March 2024 (3077)
  • February 2024 (2890)
  • January 2024 (3023)
  • December 2023 (2680)
  • November 2023 (2216)
  • October 2023 (1706)
  • September 2023 (1319)
  • August 2023 (1194)
  • July 2023 (1113)
  • June 2023 (1201)
  • May 2023 (2369)
  • April 2023 (2849)
  • March 2023 (1637)
  • February 2023 (1153)
  • January 2023 (1234)
  • December 2022 (1086)
  • November 2022 (1005)
  • October 2022 (809)
  • September 2022 (649)
  • August 2022 (778)
  • July 2022 (763)
  • June 2022 (759)
  • May 2022 (802)
  • April 2022 (779)
  • March 2022 (593)
  • February 2022 (493)
  • January 2022 (697)
  • December 2021 (1568)
  • November 2021 (3175)
  • October 2021 (3250)
  • September 2021 (3142)
  • August 2021 (3265)
  • July 2021 (3227)
  • June 2021 (2032)
Powered by Blogger.