All PDF Details And All in one Detail like Improve Your Knowledge
Saturday, June 8, 2024
The blue hour By ratbels
The blue hourYou see those trees over thereThe skyline between them says my dad You call that the blue hour, and he's Circling something in the skyas if He can see pencil lines forming He's talking about the spit-line tone of blue That lingers on…
You see those trees over there The skyline between them says my dad You call that the blue hour, and he's Circling something in the sky as if He can see pencil lines forming
He's talking about the spit-line tone of blue That lingers on the horizon's lips Before she swallows and everything becomes violet
In this nightfall moment all I'm thinking about is Dad, I'm gay And how I never had this memory of me telling him And how I never had this memory of him telling me I know, I love you
I'm quiet at the corner bakery, feeling off Like the full chicken we planned on pulling There's a metaphor I want to touch on, but I don't (quite know how to say: I feel like plucked, roast chicken pulled to pieces). So I wobble in my sandals like I'm not meant to be
The silence discusses everything we refuse to say Dad, are you going to give me away at my wedding? This is when the guitar strings are plucked And the deja vu of every street busker outside Spar Begin to serenade
Is he good to you? I want him to ask, but he doesn't. I reply to his other question instead, "Beef for me."
I thought this would make an accurate analogy
You know golden hour says my dad When the sky is beautiful and orange Like a painting, this comes exactly after that This uncertain colour of blue
The blue hour Where I question everything And say nothing.
By ratbels
Biography:
Ratbels was born from an anagram of Will. C. Alberts' surname in similarity to the influence of Halsey (Musician, Poet and Artist). Ratbels' poetry was born in a quiet place, growing up in the Middle East, where existence was as much a threat as the looming future diagnoses of Bipolar Disorder and PTSD. It is in his poetry where he developed a voice for the skeletons that danced longer in the closet than he did himself. During Covid-19 and its consequential lockdown periods, Ratbels printed and distributed a book of poetry that told the story of early childhood trauma, abuse in relationships and family, and the course of therapy.
No comments:
Post a Comment