WWW Wednesday was formerly hosted by Should be Reading and is now hosted by Taking on a World of Words.
What are you currently reading?
To no one's surprise, I immediately went off course with my Queer Lit Readathon TBR and picked up All Out: The No-Longer-Secret Stories of Queer Teens throughout the Ages edited by Saundra Mitchell, a queer YA historical fiction anthology. I'm enjoying it so far; I always approve of historical fiction stories that are actual historical and have no/little magic involved (historical fantasy can be fun, but when advertised as such).
I am also oh-so-slowly making my way through Emma by Jane Austen for a buddy read with my friend. The issue is mainly finding the time to read and listen at the same time, which I've found, is the best way for me to read and comprehend most classics.
What did you recently finish reading?
I picked up more books not on my QLR TBR and sped through both books of the Cosmoknights series by Hannah Templer. I have never before seen a book more made for me. It is a sci-fi graphic novel series about butch space knights trying to bring down the system! I mean! What more could you want? Oh, you want found family and gorgeous art to go along with it? It's got that too!
I'm literally buzzing, I need book 3 yesterday.
What do you think you'll read next?
I have no idea! Cosmoknights has thrown off my rhythm, so I might pick up another queer sci-fi book? I've had both An Unkindness of Ghosts by Rivers Solomon and Ninefox Gambit by Yoon Ha Lee on my TBR for so long, they might be in need of a read, even if I know they are a much different kind of sci-fi to what I just read.
No comments:
Post a Comment